Most religious individuals have, at one point, read the Bible, and even those who don’t believe may have also read the Bible. The Bible is one of the most universal books around and whether or not you know much about the Bible or even believe in it, you’re still at least heard of it. No matter what religion you are, the Bible has been cited in your life in some way, shape, or form. Here are a few facts about the Bible that might make you have a good laugh.
What is this about stealing?
It is true, the Bible is one of the most stolen books on the market today, so basically, we’re doing the exact opposite of what the Bible tells us. Sheesh…
How many are sold?
Every single minute there are about fifty Bibles sold, that should tell you a little something about the yearly sales. A ton!
How many people wrote the Bible?
Some would say God wrote the Bible, but the actual answer is around and above forty different authors.
Where does the word Bible come from?
It actually comes from Greek origins, and the thing is it translates into books, which actually makes perfect sense in the context of the Bible because it is many books spanning a “series” of sorts.
How many words are in the Bible?
There are over seven hundred thousand words in the Bible, and that would take any reader nearly a whole week to complete.
How many languages is it written in?
The Bible has been written in over two thousand different languages all across the world.
When was Hebrew first mention?
Abraham was the first person to be referred to as a Hebrew in the context of the Bible.
Did this Methuselah live that long?!
Now we can’t really confirm or deny anything but, according to the scripture, he is one of the oldest men ever to live, finally dying at age nine hundred and ninety-six. Must have really loved his veggies.
More Fun Facts about the Bible
- In 1631, a publishing company published a Bible with the typo “Thou Shalt Commit Adultery.” Only 9 of these Bibles, known as the “Sinners’ Bible” exist today.
- Nearly 8 in 10 Americans regard the bible as either the literal word of God or as inspired by God.
- The Bible is the most commonly stolen book in the world, most likely because it is so available in hotel rooms and places of worship.
- The 1999 blockbuster The Matrix heavily draws from the Bible. The rebel base in the movie is known as Zion, the primary ship is named
- Nebuchadnezzar (after the Biblical king), and the film’s Judas character is named Cypher in reference to the name LuCIPHER.
- The last word in the Bible is Amen.